Saturday, April 05, 2014

Chris and Chris Wedding

The day is finally here! Chris and Chris are getting married!  I went to the beach in the am, because why wouldn't I?  The water here is quite amazing, to say the least.  Warm, refreshing, and perfect for these hot, humid days.  I then had to do my bridesmaid duty and get primped and painted, all gussied up for the big day.  I was fun to get ready with the brides.

Since the wedding was taking place at the other end of the island, several of us cabbed it there, we nearly ran over a guy on a bike, reaffirming my wise decision to NOT rent a scooter or golf cart.

Zama Beach club is quite amazing.  Simple, elegant and breathtaking.  The ceremony was lovely, and I don't think there was a dry eye to be found (thank goodness for the magic myst they spray to keep makeup on!)

There is a nice long pier lit by candles and you can get a good idea of the reception.

The canopy for the ceremony, with the waves, and sunset, it couldn't be more picture perfect.

See?  See? So simple and amazing.

There are two pools, one on top of the stone wall and this one.  I danced for a while on the top one.  I was really hot!  The dance floor changed colors, and the party went on till 2am,  I lasted to 1.  My feet are still killing me.  But oh boy did we have fun!

Dinner was delicious, chips, dip, cerviche (this green one was amazing with basil and grouper fish, salad, chicken, pork, everything delicious!

Ok, so I was supposed to sit at table 4, but I sat at 5.  I'm a rebel.

Pretty wedding cake.  I was asked to perform one last bridesmaid duty and paint the toppers a few hours before the ceremony.  I'm still suffering post-traumatic artistic disorder.

A rainbow cake!

Lots to choose for dessert, I opted for the bannas and whipped cream.  Yum!
Big Haired Bitches!  Someone called it Mad Men Hair.  I guess I need to watch that show now.

The calm before the storm, pre-ceremony and party hydration.

Funny faces!!!


My Best Friend's Wedding!  25 years of friendship, I was so honored to be a part of this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment