Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 14: The Wonderful World of Harry Potter pt 1


I have loved the work of Vermeer for a long time. This morning I got a chance to see an amazing collection of Vermeer's work with instruments in his paintings at the National Gallery. Other Dutch artists were there, but I was in love with the paintings, and the instruments they had on display. I also got to enjoy a concert performed on antique instruments by music scholars. It was lovely.
On Trafalgar Square there was a concert for reading and children. It was a huge event with a lot of celebrities, but I only got to see a person dressed up as a pig. It was really hot outside in the sun and concrete, so I went back in the museum to see a cool display of saints as interactive structures. They were loud and cool. But you can read about the Lit Festival here:
Trafalgar Square Lit Festival
I then made my way to Westminster via the Victoria embankment to meet with a Harry Potter walking tour. We were supposed to see sights that were in the movies, but I was not as happy with this walk as I was with the Jack the Ripper walk. There is another Harry Potter walk, and I wonder if that is any better, but I won't get a chance to do it.
Platform 9 3/4 was my next stop, so off to Kings Cross I went. Whoever came up with that shop is a genius. My credit card is now as tired as my feet. A hotel picnic dinner and early to bed, because tomorrow is early to rise and I am off to the Harry Potter Experience tour.
And no baby yet...
Trafalgar Square silliness
Trafalgar Square silliness
The Knight Bus, just not purple
The Knight Bus, just not purple

No comments:

Post a Comment