Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Stars Hollow still exists! A 2014 WB studio tour

I took a WB studio tour the other day.  Most people there were Pretty Little Liars fans, but I am a huge Gilmore Girls fan, and I wanted to see what structures from Stars Hollow they had left on the lot.

Gilmore Girls stopped airing several years ago.  But there are a few sets and facades still standing on the WB studio lot.  Totally worth the visit.

Main Street Stars Hollow.  The corner is Luke's Diner.
I really wish they had recreated this set somewhere, but they recycle sets a lot, nothing lasts long after production.

Gilmore house on one side and Sookie's house on the other.

Babette's House minus the gnomes.
Miss Patty's Dance studio, no yoga mats.
The church, I looked to see if there were the broken bells.

Any town USA.  This street is used in a lot of movies and is built in forced perspective.

In the WB museum these are the only Gilmore Girl artifacts left.  

But I now know what is on that letter that Lorelai sent Rory.




They still have a few GG items to buy in the gift shop. I chose a Luke's Diner mug.

All in all, it was worth it.  I would have loved to see the Stars Hollow sign, or Luke's Diner sign, or the gazebo. But the show has been over for several years, so I am content with what I saw.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I am a HUGE fan, glad to see I'm not alone. The show airs everyday and I can't help myself, I have to watch it. Mind you, I have seen the entire show multiple times.

    I wish there was a network that would make a movie from where the show ended, that would be spectacular.

    I want to redo my kitchen and mimic Luke's Diner, but there isn't much out there to buy. But I have a mug like yours and I don't even drink coffee. Lol!

    So I will end this with of of my favorite Loreli quotes "Enough with the poodles already" lol!

    ReplyDelete