Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Day 10: Whistle Stop Sacred Heart School



Today I went to visit our sister school at Hammersmith, the girls this week are having a collapsed curriculum week. Their regular classes are cancelled and they get to take all kinds of trips and do a variety of activities. Some of the older girls get to go to Paris, Belgium, and the Kew gardens. Workshops given by STOMP, and a puppeteer, a kite maker, and a dramatic storyteller. I got to visit a lot of the activities, and the girls did an amazing job. Best of all I got to meet the girls who my students were skyping with.
After my day with the girls I went to Hamley's Toy Shop. 5 floors of toys. It was massive, and overwhelming, but I managed to find a few things. Piccadilly Circus is a great shopping centre, it rivals New York. But I want to save my pounds for Platform 9 3/4.

Making puppets
Making puppets
Theatre in the garden
Theatre in the garden
A greenhouse in the back, I want one for my school!
A greenhouse in the back, I want one for my school!
Hamley's Bear
Hamley's Bear
Lego Royalty
Lego Royalty
Signs of royalty
Signs of royalty

No comments:

Post a Comment