Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 11: Buckingham Palace and Jack the Ripper

I really wanted to have tea with the queen, but apparently she is rather busy directing staff for her coronation celebration on Saturday. It's ok, I understand. And her palace was shut down for the celebration and renovations, so once again I could not tour her place, but I did get to see the Royal Mews, her carriages, horses and limo. And I got to see her art gallery, I liked the Mews better.

I took a walk to the gates, left my business card there, because some palace insiders tell me that Duchess Kate is due any day, quite possibly on Fri or Sat, and I think they might require a hat. What royal wouldn't want a Boston Beanie?

Next was a walk to St. James Park, I had some time before Evensong at Westminster, so I saw a crazy squirrel and took a nap, I like this park better than Kew Gardens. However when I got to Westminster, there is no sung Evensong on Wed, groan! 

So I went down the street to a pub, didn't have a great meal, and then I was off to Tower Hill to begin my walking tour of Jack the Ripper. The tour was great, filled with gory details of the murders, and still probing the question of who did it? And it actually got chilly last night, so I have to make sure to wear warmer clothing tomorrow, because I will be out all day doing a marathon of museums, and then Midsummer Night's Dream at night.

A horse, of course
A horse of course


The Coronation Carriage
The Coronation Carriage
My business card outside the gates
My business card outside the gates
Fountain in St. James park
Fountain in St. James park

The crazy squirrel
The crazy squirrel
The Tower of London
The Tower of London


No comments:

Post a Comment