Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 13: Covent Garden and Oompa Loompas


Covent Garden is a bigger tourist trap than Faneuil Hall. I am making a broad statement, I realize but there it is. I started my day off ordering tickets to the National Gallery's special exhibit on Vermeer and Music. I am going tomorrow.
I then walked to the Sir John Soane museum, and it was weird. I felt the museum was more like a good museum's attic of abandoned art. Each room had a different theme, sketches, statues, a crypt, but the collection overall was kinda weird.
Next I found the theatre where I was going to go that evening, I wanted to make sure I could find it and the closest tube stop. Covent Gardens is the closest stop. I went to Marks and Spencer to change some more money, I am hoping this will be it for the next few days. Then I walked ALL over Covent Garden. And I mean all over, I thought my feet were going to fall off. So I rested and watched some street performers, they are all over the place. For dinner I went to my favorite fish and chips place, Rock, Sole, Plaice.
After some food and people watching it was time for some chocolate! Charlie and the Cocolate factory is a new musical, and it was fantastic. The young boy playing Charlie is phenomenal. When you think Hollywood movie kids can be a hit with one movie, theater kids have to rehearse and then they perform for ages. The work seems so much harder somehow. The sets were out of this world, and there were flashes, loud noises, very entertaining. My seats were also on the main floor, and were amazing, plus I though I paid a lot for my ticket, but others who tried to get half price paid more and also paid more in fees. So I feel a little better. It was a busy day that ended on a high note.

A very tall Yoda
A very tall Yoda
A floating gold man
A floating gold man
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment