Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 15: The Wonderful World of Harry Potter, part 2


I got up bright and early this am, put on my new Platform 9 3/4 tee shirt, and headed off to Victoria station to meet my bus to go to The Making of Harry Potter. I have issues with Victoria Station, I aways get lost, after circling twice, including the outside, and finding a family that was looking for the same bus, we eventually got to the right place, and just in time. I got to sit on top, window seat. The ride was uneventful, but we were the first bus to arrive for the day, and I was glad because things quickly became crowded.
The studios are amazing. Sets right from the movie, the Gryffindor common room, Horcruxes from the movies, the invisibility cloak, Hagrid's Hut, wands, broomsticks, and best of all the huge model of Hogwarts that they used for filming until the last movies. This model filled a room and it took my breath away.
Outside was Privet Drive, the Knight Bus, the bridge, consession stands selling butterbeer (but not frozen, this is England, they have views on ice)and the giant chess pieces.
The gift shop had everything Harry Potter, and i walked away with a few things. I am so glad I was able to come, and the tour bus made everything so much easier. Tomorrow Downton, and home on Tuesday. I can't believe it. I can't believe the laundry I have to do.
The very colorful tour bus
The very colorful tour bus
#4 Privet Drive
#4 Privet Drive
Butterbeer, kinda gross, but I like the cup
Butterbeer, kinda gross, but I like the cup
Wands, all the major ones are here
Wands, all the major ones are here
The Great Hall
The Great Hall
Harry's cupboard under the stairs
Harry's cupboard under the stairs
Gryffindor Common Room
Gryffindor Common Room
The Knight Bus
The Knight Bus
In front of the Hogwarts model, size does matter
In front of the Hogwarts model, size does matter

No comments:

Post a Comment