Sunday, July 07, 2013

Day 7: Alice Day


My day started off with a trip to the Kilns, C.S. Lewis's house. The house was sold in the 70's so all the furniture was lost and it was redecorated with lovely shag orange and avocado...that was sarcasm. But the trust bought it back and many Americans helped restore it with era pieces. We also went to the lake where Lewis swam, which makes the Charles look clean, and then we found his grave. I got to walk through a charming English neighborhood, and the houses were beautiful.
Next was punting. I lost my friends in the Covered Market, but met up with Preston and he and I went punting by the bridge. Rather he punted, I paddled, which I used more like a guide to keep us away from the edge and it was helpful when racing an old guy to get out of eachother's way.
The story museum was open today, it will officially, completely open in 2015, but today there was printing and story telling. There were children dressed up everywhere, and characters in the streets. Awesome.
A farewell dinner, a trip to our pub, and drinking in the garden ended a most perfect time in Oxford.
Onward to London!
The Kilns
The Kilns

Punting!  I helped.
Punting! I helped.
alice character in the streets
alice character in the streets
alice storyteller
alice storyteller
Children dressed up in the city
Children dressed up in the city
So long, Mansfield
So long, Mansfield

No comments:

Post a Comment