Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 12: Medicine, Murder, Modern, and Midsummer


My day started off at the Old Operating Theatre Museum. It's a quirky attic museum and to get to it one has to climb a very narrow spiraling staircase. This museum is the location of where they used to do surgeries over a hundred years ago and it was one of the funkiest museums ever. The attic room was jam-packed with old instruments, herbs and their uses, medicines, and preserved organs. The next room was the observation room, where surgeries were performed and med students watched. It was facinating, well I thought it was.
Next I went to the London Dungeon, which moved from the Tower Bridge area to Waterloo, next to the London Eye. So back on the tube I went and found it and even though I had a ticket already, it was a 45 minute wait. If you did not have a ticket, it was a 2 hour wait. It was creepy, gory, Disney gone bad fright fest. There were rides and we met famous killers and murders from London. Sweeny Todd, Jack the Riper, saw signs of the Plague, it was disgusting and cool.
I walked down the Jubilee walkway and headed over to the Tate Museum. I was never much of a fan of modern art before, but some of the pieces were amazing, and the museum is free. I wanted to explore St. Paul's, but they were charging £14, for entry. So I took some ictures of it from the outside.
Shakespeare was next. I saw a fantastic performance of Midsummer Night's Dream. It was supurb, and the audience was howling with laughter. A great day overall.
Stairs to operating Theater
Stairs to operating Theater
Old Operating Theatre attic
Old Operating Theatre attic
Operating Theater room
Operating Theater room
Dungeon Fool dancing with little girl
Dungeon Fool dancing with little girl
Oh, Wall!  Oh, Wall
Oh, Wall! Oh, Wall
Oh what fools these mortals be
Oh what fools these mortals be

No comments:

Post a Comment